May 10, 2019 (Hildebran, NC) ─ The parking lot at Cambridge House, a DePaul Senior Living Community in Hildebran, was recently transformed into an auto show when over a dozen community members rolled up in classic and vintage cars!
Pictured are Cambridge House residents Sylvia Jones, Bonnie Autrey, Activities Director Gabby Houston and resident Loretta Sutherland in front of a 1970s Volkswagen Bus; Shirley Price poses beside a 1940 Ford; Billy Clontz checks out a 1959 Plymouth, and John Farthing and Gabby are flanked by a 1950s Chevrolet.
There was a wide variety of styles on display spanning the generations, from the classic 1936 Ford to a 1970s Volkswagen Bus. Community member David Puett, who helped coordinate the event, said classic cars are an opportunity to take a walk down memory lane.
“It brings back memories of high school days,” said Puett. “Some of the guys like to get their old Chevelles and Camaros or modified street rods. It’s just a good time to get out and show them off.”
Cambridge House would like to extend their gratitude to the following folks for bringing their classic and vintage cars out for our residents to enjoy!
- David Honeycutt, 1936 Ford
- Jim Bright, 1966 Corvette
- Charles and Dolores Smith, 1931 Cadillac
- John Vaughn, 1950 Chevrolet
- David Puett, 1940 Chevrolet
- Steve Ward, Donated old car garage signs
- Harry Reep, 1970 Volkswagen Bus
- Bill Davis, 1948 Chevrolet
- Vic Klashorst, 1963 Ford Falcon
- Larry Mosteller, 1940 Ford
- Dennis Cloer, 1959 Plymouth