DePaul’s Shining Star Program
At DePaul, we celebrate YOU and all you do!
The DePaul Shining Star Employee Recognition Program highlights the many “Shining Stars” of our organization, recognizing and celebrating employees who continuously exhibit the following:
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Being courteous and friendly
- Being caring
- Professional manner
- Going above and beyond expectations
- Service excellence
DePaul employees can be nominated for recognition by DePaul clients, residents, client/resident family members, visitors, other DePaul staff members or community members on nomination cards which are collected at DePaul sites in a nomination card box labeled with a sign.
DePaul employees receive various forms of recognition depending on how many valid nominations have been received. Recognition may include:
- Celebrating the employee’s achievement in an all-staff meeting
- Presentation of either a bronze, silver, gold or a Shining Star pin depending on the number of nominations accrued
- Displaying completed nomination forms on-site/department bulletin boards
- Having recipient names listed in the DePaul employee newsletter
Employees receive a monetary award each time they achieve a new star level to commend their outstanding work:
- $25 for a bronze star (5 nominations)
- $50 for a silver star (10 nominations)
- $75 for a gold star (15 nominations)
- $100 for the Shining Star level (20 nominations)
DePaul Staff Make a Difference!