DePaul Senior Living Communities understand the challenges of living with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Several of our communities have memory care units designed to meet the specialized needs of residents who require these additional services. Inviting surroundings, cozy common areas with decor that rekindles fond memories, and homey bedrooms create a familiar, supportive environment.
The individuals we serve include those who wander and need a secure setting, people who need assistance with activities of daily living to include bathing, dressing, oral hygiene and hair care; and people who need encouragement, assistance, and queuing at mealtime; among other needs.
Our memory care units offer:
- Staff trained to provide an array of quality services that promote independence to residents with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia
- Accommodating, welcoming environment that allows for a secure area to wander freely both inside and out (weather permitting)
- Pleasant, well-planned and well-lit living areas (no stairs, steps or elevators)
- Privacy and dignity for each resident
- Enhanced staffing provides more individualized attention (with personal grooming, socialization and activities)
- Daily activities, as well as individualized activities programs
- Staff that work directly with families to promote family involvement
- Nutritional program designed to meet individualized needs including flexible meal and snack times