Pembroke Home is located in the town of East Pembroke, New York.
The Transitional Housing Program offers 16 supportive beds for male Veterans experiencing housing instability. Residents are provided housing for up to 90 days.
Pembroke Home is located near the city of Batavia, New York and is in close proximity to many local amenities such as grocery shopping, schools, places of worship, medical care, banks, libraries, government agencies and general shopping.
Veterans are provided:
- A bedroom including a bed (with sheets and linens provided), dresser, nightstand, lamp, and locking closet
- Fresh and nutritious dinners prepared daily
- Healthy food options for independently-prepared snacks, breakfast, and lunch
- Medication storage and oversight
- Life skills training including budgeting, relapse prevention, and cooking
- Assistance in housing and employment searches
- Transportation to medical, mental health, and substance use disorder treatment, as needed
- Collaboration with the Department of Veterans Affairs and other community organizations to locate stable and affordable long-term housing options
Upon arrival, Veterans meet with staff to complete an intake form and develop an individualized service plan. Clothing and/or personal hygiene items are provided to the residents, as needed.