January 21, 2021 (Denver, NC) ─ The holidays may have looked and felt different this year, but residents and staff at Wexford House, a DePaul Senior Living Community in Denver, found plenty of ways to enjoy the magic of the season!
Pictured, Glenys Page enjoys a window visit from family and Mary Gallman and Rick Taylor accept presents on Christmas morning. Also pictured, Nancy Killian keeps warm with a donated, handmade lap blanket, John Lemmers enjoys a window visit from family and William Green shows off his holiday spirit!
Among some of the many individuals, community groups, business and family members who made sure that residents and staff had a happy and healthy holiday at Wexford House were:
- Olivia, Bryana, Jillian, Rachele, Adalyn, Henry, Cameron, Levi, Zachary and Jackson sent homemade Thanksgiving cards to residents
- Carol and other members from Denver United Methodist Church put together Thanksgiving gift bags for residents
- The halls were decked in poinsettias thanks to the North Lincoln High School Band Program
- Residents enjoyed puzzle books donated by Mr. & Mrs. Heftner from Saint James Elementary School
- Denver Dental Arts donated gift bags filled with goodies
- Bryanna, Rachel, Ava, Adelynn, Zach, Nora & Kiki, and Jennifer provided homemade Christmas cards and doughnuts for residents
- Sue Cook knit lap blankets for residents
- Patricia and Janis supplied desserts and Sharon and Morgan provided appetizers for staff
- Kathy Hojnacki and SF 360 donated gifts for residents
- Pat Young and Donna Forrest provided cookies
- Denver United Methodist Church provided gifts for residents
- Kindred at Home provided a basket of goodies
- The Grounded Kids Ministry at Lakeside Church brought beautiful cards and ornaments for residents
- David Painter from LKN Underground Construction delivered lunch from Bojangles!
Many thanks to those who have made a difference! The outpouring of donations of support in recent months has truly been overwhelming. We are beyond grateful!